Sunday 11 March 2012

DSDN 171 Blog 1 - Design Persona

I was born and grew up in China and received a good traditional education. Four years ago, I had a one-way flight from China to New Zealand and before the flight I just pass my eighteenth birthday. Initially around made me feel strange and uneasy but I rapid growth to a strong-minded and pragmatic girl without parents accompanied. What I can do was only moving forward and not takes one step back. To the life I've played many roles like dishwasher, a service of yummy cha restaurant and supermarket cashier. Shortly before I was a full time web administrator. Most of roles are not related to the design, but experience has let me saw the depths of life, society and the different shapes of the world. This will also be my source of inspiration for my future design.

The photo showing right is a very interesting creatively advertising of McDonald street lamp in Vancouver. And easy to see the shape of it is pouring the coffee into a take-away cup used by a pot. I think this is an excellent example of to find inspiration from the life and burst innovation in design process.

To be a designer has been my dream for very long time. I am pretty sure the reason I enrolled into the School of Design that is I really love design, but I cannot tell very clearly the reason of why I love design. There is no doubt when I design something I would be in my own state, would be really ego. I would forget time, the surroundings and my poor stomach has been cooing hungry. I still very enjoy the process like this. Before enrolled into Victoria University, I was studying computer graphic design in Natcoll Design Technology. During that year I felt very plenitude and truly learned some of how to use the software like Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Flash. I hope these skills can help me for my future study.





No comments:

Post a Comment