Friday 19 October 2012

DSDN 142 Final Project Hand-in


This is my final interaction that I made like a game, which users can really take part in and interact with it while using mouse. For my original idea of this project, I dated back to WWII when Chinese were in war with Japan, but I did not really want to involve more in rightness of the war rather than the fight itself. So I have to say it's based on the war but is not taken any further.

 For the whole manipulation of my processing, the mouse is the most important part. Users pretty much just need to focus on moving up and down the mouse and click it. Do not think it would be all over as long as you find the right position and click to launch one cute "solider". Users must keep controlling the mouse and dodge the constantly patrolling enemies from their fires. Therefore, the whole game is quite interactive.

For the graphic, I chose to use cute characters in order to conceal the cruel nature of the war. I chose a old railway as background because of real history of WWII especially in China, it key to in charge the war if hold the transport lines. So it was very important to destroy enemies' transportation. The black and white background compared with colourful characters, so as to show the differences between reality and story.

The sound effect is successful part of my processing. It would be drum-hitting sound activated as soon as users have click the mouse. If the launched guy clashes a enemy, a exploding sound would be heard, otherwise, it would be a drum play sound of victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment